Thursday, January 3, 2013

Mirror

My sister is an amazing person!  Being six years older than her, I like to think that I'm supposed to be the example and all, but she always seems to be teaching me something about life.

A little bit ago, I wrote about not being so judgmental of my appearance.  (http://nd15read.blogspot.com/2012/12/a-more-beautiful-you.html)  Today's battle did not have to do with make-up, but with something different - braces.  And no, not the teeth kind (been there, done that), but the kind that go on ankles, knees, elbows, other injured body parts...  Since I seem to be falling apart, some of these "accessories" were purchased.  Bleh...

I must admit that I do feel better when wearing them.  But I was not about to go out in public with them on, as it is not the kind of fashion accessory I wanted to be seen in.

I decided to suck it up though when I got my sister's "you're being ridiculous" look.  After all, she too has to wear these things from time to time.  And as I thought about it, she's right.  I am being ridiculous.  My sister is a fashionista.  She's a cheerleader.  She's definitely not the nerd I was in high school.  If she can do it, well, I guess I can too.  And if I don't hurt as much when wearing them, then who really cares what someone else thinks?  Silly me...

Yep, we match too...












"Mirror, mirror on the wall, have I got it?
'Cause mirror you've always told me who I am
I'm finding it's not easy to be perfect
So sorry, you won't define me
Sorry, you don't own me"

1 comment: