Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Let it Go

Letting go is so wonderful!  I can't even tell you how relieved I feel right now after just letting God handle the things I was worried about.  And things ended up working out in a way I didn't think would happen.  It was awesome!

When I sit around and worry, it's like I'm telling God that I don't trust Him to come through for me.  Like I don't trust the plan He has in place.  I can't predict the future (shocking, I know, since that Disney channel show was clearly about me.) ;-)  But isn't that my attitude when I sit around and do nothing but worry about all the horrible outcomes that could happen?

I think one of the things I know I need to work through is continually expecting that bad things are going to happen to me.  I've been disappointed so many times in life that it's like I can't let myself hope for something good to happen.  God's answers are yes, no, and not yet.  I'm terrified of setting my heart on something and then hearing the "no" answer...  But if God says "no," why is that really so horrible?  Doesn't He know what's best for me?  And honestly, so many of those disappointments were because I was pursuing the wrong thing...

What do you need to let go of?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

"You say let it go
You say let it go
You say life is waiting for the one's who lose control
You say You will be everything I need
You say if I lose my life it's then I'll find my soul
You say let it go"

No comments:

Post a Comment