Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Anchor

"Without hope I'll only sink not swim"

I really like the song "Anchor" by Satellites & Sirens.  The lyrics are awesome if you really take the time to listen to them.

Continuing off discovering one's identity in Christ, it is important to remember that Christ should be our anchor.  He keeps us stable through all the storms of life.  Without that, life is not very much fun at all.  I know that through the experience of walking away from God.  What a miserable existence that was!  When I see people, who aren't walking with God, struggling I just want to grab them and just tell them how much God loves them.

That's scary, isn't it?  And I know that I fail at doing this time and time again.  It's not fun to get rejected or even laughed at.  And yet, even if the person you're trying to reach out to does those things, I feel like you would've at least stirred *something* in them.  Whether or not they're willing to admit it, I feel like everyone considers God in some way.  I think that is a topic for another day though...

Anyways, I have learned that even when things are really bad, God is still there.  He also cares about the little things too.  He uses our vulnerability so that we can trust Him.  It's not comfortable sometimes, but I know it means I'm growing.

"When I feel like I am drifting away
Sinking down, the sands are shifting today
I'm about to lose my way
You anchor, anchor me down
Looking out, the skies are turning to grey
All around, the tide is pulling away
Just about to lose my way
You anchor, anchor me down"

"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." (Hebrews 11:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment