Friday, January 4, 2013

Your Love is a Song

"Oh Your love is a symphony
All around me
Running through me
Oh Your love is a melody
Underneath me
Running to me
Oh, Your love is a song"

I don't think it's a surprise that music can evoke powerful feelings and emotions.  I know it's not just me, but when I'm playing music and praising God, that's when I feel closest to Him.  I always hope that when I'm worshiping, people don't see me as a performer.  I hope that I am pointing to God, who gave me these gifts.

Last night, I spent probably an hour playing various worship songs (mostly Hillsong) and singing for my Grandma.  Watching how the melodies and words impacted her is a memory I will cherish forever.

This Switchfoot song always speaks to me, as for me, the way I can even kinda grasp God's love is through music.  When I'm not able to play and sing consistently, I feel lost.  Even just playing and singing in my own house, by myself, allows me to connect with God.

What allows you to connect?

"Love never fails..." (1 Corinthians 13:8 NIV84)

No comments:

Post a Comment