Thursday, January 24, 2013

Music

I don't think I can put into words how much music means to me.  I'm so blessed to have this gift and even more blessed to be able to use it to glorify God.

I love unwinding at the end of the day with music.  I live to get lost in the sound.  I could play for hours on end and continue to be in awe of all the different sounds.  I need to start writing again.  It's been a long time since I've written any music really.  I miss doing that.  I hope to make more time to do that.

I don't think I can explain how a particular chord makes me feel sad or happy.  Or how a melody can just take your breath away.  I think the best part of music is that it makes us feel.  It makes us feel in a completely different and unique way.

I wish the world appreciated music more.  I think it is sad that often the first things to go are music programs for kids when budgets get cut.  Really?  How could that training not be important?  One of the biggest things it teaches is focus and dedication!  I used to practice for 3-5 hours a day growing up.  In addition to becoming proficient in my instrument, I learned how to dedicate my time and energy to something important.  If you don't dedicate time and energy to a goal, you probably won't meet it any time soon.  I see so many kids nowadays who don't know how to focus that long to accomplish something.  Wouldn't this help?

What about the beauty that comes with it too?  I wish I could put it in words how I feel, but it seems to be something you have to experience.

"I lose control, it's a riot
Turn up the music higher"

No comments:

Post a Comment