Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sane

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mark 11:24)

I'm forever amazed that we have a God who actually takes the time to listen to us.  Even more amazing that He will give us what we ask for.  Now, I'm not saying God is like a more holy Santa Claus.  That's not it at all...  When we ask with the right intentions and motivations, I believe that He does grant us what we ask.  When He doesn't grant us what we ask, I think we need to examine our hearts.

Tonight, I just needed peace.  My mind is one of my worst enemies.  I can quickly create problems that don't exist and think I know exactly what other people think of me, when in reality these things probably aren't true at all.  Doesn't this become a self-fulfilling prophecy then?  When I dream up problems and people's opinions of me, wouldn't I then act in response to what I think is a problem?  Doesn't that end up creating more problems in the end?  I think so...

I just spent time praying for peace.  And I've felt myself calm down.  No more negative thoughts.  I'm so thankful that God listens.

"You will be sane
You will be free
This won't decide
Who you're gonna be
You will be safe
You will be new
The cycle will break
The future will change
And you will be sane"

No comments:

Post a Comment