Saturday, January 12, 2013

Circle of Friends

I'm so thankful for the friends God has placed in my life.  Throughout the week's frustrations, they've been there to stick by me and I've been there for them.  I'm blessed that they put up with me when I go off for the millionth time on something silly and even more blessed when they tell me to just quit it or I'll drive myself crazy.  I'm grateful that they keep me accountable.  I'm always surprised when I realize just how much they care.  I hope that they know that I really care about them too.

Having a group of strong Christian friends is so important in walking with Jesus.  It isn't easy to go about it alone.  It's far easier to let the world drag you down.  I've mentioned before how it can almost seem easier to confess to God and leave it at that, rather than confessing to each other.  In having somebody there to ask you how things are going and expecting you to be honest about it, it makes it easier to stay on track.  Having people there to share in the happy and sad times is such a blessing.

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." (1 Thessalonians 5:11)

"Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn." (Romans 12:15)

"In a circle of friends we have one Father
In a circle of friends we share this prayer
That every orphaned soul will know
And all will enter in
To the shelter of this circle of friends"

No comments:

Post a Comment