Thursday, January 10, 2013

Unbroken

Sometimes I sit around wondering what life would be like if I had made some different choices.  I can pick out specific events that had they happened differently, my entire life would've been altered.  I was discussing it with a friend tonight just briefly and just touched upon how I ended up here.  If I had stuck with my original major, where would I be?  Probably in California as an Imagineer (or so I would've hoped).  So different from what I do now.  But that's okay.  I like what I do now!

Other events aren't so nice like that one.  There are things I wish that I could erase.  I've learned some hard lessons.  Those lessons have shaped me into who I am.  If I hadn't learned those lessons, where would I be?  Would I be as passionate about the things I deeply care about?  Probably not...

Before I had learned some of those lessons, I was that Christian - the one who was so quick to judge you and tell you what your problem was.  Now, having come back to Christ, I would hope that I'm not that person anymore.  I'm not saying that I'm okay with sin, but I sincerely hope that I'm less judgmental that I was before.  I hope that I have learned to listen to others and the things they are going through.  

I think just realizing how broken I am has made me truly appreciate God's grace.  I can't say I'd be happy to go through some of that stuff again, but I know I've learned from it.  And I know God can use all of it for His glory.

"To be unbroken, what would that be?
If words that were spoken had not shattered me
If I was unbroken I'd never know
The beauty of hope and how far grace will go
To be unbroken
To be unbroken"

No comments:

Post a Comment