Monday, January 7, 2013

Don't Worry

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" (Matthew 6:27)

Today I got caught up in all the complicated details of life and spent time fretting over what to do about silly things.  My mentor sat me down and I just poured it all out to her.  When I was finished, she said if you spend all your time worrying about what others think, you're never going to get anywhere.

Why do I care (and worry) more about what other people think over what God thinks?  I know deep down that you can't please everyone, but there's still that part of me that tries.  What if I put all that time into what God wants from me?

So I started to do that, instead of worrying.  My mentor helped me walk through it.  We talked about the gifts I've been given and where I feel like God's leading me.  We talked about how I'm afraid to mess up and I don't want to go back to what I was a few years ago.

I hope you have someone you can talk to and work through things with.

"Don't worry about your life
'Cause if you hold it too close
You'll lose it
Don't worry about your life
So won't you let go
Before it's gone"


No comments:

Post a Comment