Friday, April 12, 2013

All Around Me

I woke up to this verse today:

"Just as you do not know the path of the wind and how bones are formed in the womb of the pregnant woman, so you do not know the activity of God who makes all things."  (Ecclesiastes 11:5)

I like to plan.  I usually like to have everything figured out down to the last minute and mundane detail. Oh and then of course you have to plan for it to go wrong anyways, so I plan for every other scenario as well.

Today, this verse was so comforting.  My internship is up soon.  I'm graduating in only a few short weeks.  And...then what?  I've always been in school.  I don't know anything different.  I feel like the life I've had in college and grad school has been fairly easy to control.  I plan the classes that I want and set up my perfect little schedule.  I know what steps I have to do to get to where I want to go.  But going out into the real world?  Yikes...

I'm quickly figuring out that I can't plan everything out perfectly.  Of course I'm putting in the effort to search for a job and get things taken care of.  But, this verse reminded me that I don't have all the answers.  And I don't have to.  I will trust that things will work out the way God wants them to.

I'm looking forward to the next adventure.

"I can feel You all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing

Take my hand
I give it to You
Now You own me
All I am
You said You would never leave me
I believe You
I believe"

No comments:

Post a Comment