Sunday, March 24, 2013

Love is War

Coming back from a retreat is always really hard, especially when so much happens.  All the way home, we wished we could've stayed.  And later this evening, we expressed how we wished we could've stayed away forever and wished we hadn't come back.

But I think one of the clear themes from the weekend was 'you're not a beginner anymore.'  You've reached a point in your healing that it's time to keep moving.  You must keep moving.

What is it about retreats that makes coming back so difficult?  Certainly it gives you the opportunity to only focus on God and the things He is saying to you.  I know I get so caught up in everything going on around me day to day that often devo time becomes something that I just need to get out of the way and check off the list so I can focus on more "important" things.  Haven't I missed the point?  What's more important than spending time with Him?

What is it that can make a retreat seem so special?  There's all the prayer that goes into it.  Sometimes it's easy to forget just how important prayer is...  People open up.  We're honest with each other.  We're vulnerable with each other.  We find out that we all have similar struggles and insecurities.

Why do we forget it when we come back?

Why can't we hold each other accountable, pray for each other, and be honest with each other without having to go on a retreat?

And perhaps the hardest thing, is that the Enemy will try to throw a stone at everything we've worked through this weekend and try to ruin everything that happened.  We have to fight for the truth and not believe his lies.

"Turn my eyes to see Your face
As all my fears surrender
Hold my heart within this grace
Where burden turns to wonder

I will fight to follow
I will fight for love
Throw my life forever
To the triumph of the Son

I know Your love has won it all
You took the fall
To embrace my sorrows
I know You took the fight
You came and died
But the grave was borrowed
I know You stood again
So I can stand with a life to follow
In the light of Your name"

No comments:

Post a Comment