Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Even If

Most of the time I manage living with pain fairly well.  Unfortunately, it's not all of the time.  On rare occasions, it actually wakes me up.  I went to bed early last night, trying to fight it off, but rolled over around 1 in the morning feeling like death.  Seriously?  Tuesday is my hard day.  I visit all of my schools and see kids back to back...all day.

I didn't feel much better getting up.  But before throwing a pity party, I remembered that I could rely on God to give me the strength to get through the day.

A lot of people have prayed for me.  Prayed that I would just be healed.  And I believe that God can do it, but I know He also doesn't have to.  He doesn't have to tell me His plans.  But I do know that He will get me through each day.  And today was no exception.  I saw all my kids, had a meeting and actually contributed a fantastic idea, and came home and did a cover song.  I'm not going to let pain dictate how I live my life.

"Even if the healing doesn't come
And life falls apart
And dreams are still undone
You are God, You are good
Forever faithful One
Even if the healing
Even if the healing doesn't come"

No comments:

Post a Comment