Friday, February 1, 2013

The Struggle

So I haven't written in a while.  I could make excuses that I've been far too busy to be bothered with writing, but it would just be an excuse...  It's hard sometimes to make myself write.  Over the past week, I've just felt like I don't want to explore the things that are going on in my life.  If I don't write, then I don't have to think about everything, right?

Wrong...  Though I am often skeptical of personality tests, the Strengths Finders one that I took for Leadership Advance found that my number one strength is "intellection."  Basically, I like to think... I think all the time.  In fact, it is sometimes irritating that I just can't turn my brain off.  That is kinda what I tried to do this week.  The description of intellection sums it up pretty well: "You are introspective...This introspection may lead you to a slight sense of discontentment as you compare what you are actually doing with all the thoughts and ideas that your mind conceives."

That's pretty much how I've been feeling.  I have what seems like millions of ideas racing around in my head and each one seems like it'd be cool to try.  I've just always had trouble getting started.  Part of all that thinking involves thinking about all the ways something could go...and all the ways it can fail too.  So by the end of running through a potentially good idea, I've already convinced myself it won't work anyways, so why bother trying?

I guess I just need a push to make those thoughts reality...  If I could just get started on something I could run with it and actually finish.

"Hallelujah
We are free to struggle
We're not struggling to be free
Your blood bought and 
Makes us children
Children, drop your chains and sing"

1 comment:

  1. I heard a quote on the radio this week about the way a Christian should dream and set goals. I thought it was pretty good and have been applying it to my prayer life recently.

    "Attempt something so great, that it is doomed to failure unless God be in it."

    We have a great, awesome, powerful God! We can say that, but if we really believe it our actions will show it.

    ReplyDelete