Monday, December 31, 2012

Still, Still, Still

While doing devotions, a million thoughts came to mind about what to journal and write about today.  As 2012 comes to a close, I pondered everything I've learned this past year and what God's calling me to do in 2013.  And I've been so blessed in the past year.  But what to write about?

And I felt God say "Be still..."

Psalms 46:10 says "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

How often are we just still?  How often do we come before God and just marvel at how awesome He is?

For me, I know the answer is not very often...  I try to read my Bible everyday and spend time praying, but how often do I just stop everything I'm doing or worrying about everything I have to do and just wait?

Isn't it silly to spend so much time worrying?  He's got it all under control.  As I look back over the year, I see that He definitely had my life under control.  There was no way I could've gotten through everything that had to happen without Him.

So tonight, instead of wondering (and worrying) about everything that 2013 is going to bring, I will just be still.  And know that whatever happens, He's got it under control.

"Still, still, still
One can hear the falling snow"

No comments:

Post a Comment