Friday, September 20, 2013

Cornerstone

You know that question they ask you at the doctor when you're experiencing pain?

"On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being little to no pain and 10 being excruciating, how is your pain?"

Yeah...  These days I'm at about a 6 constantly.  I was telling someone last night that I don't often let on how much I really hurt.  And by the time I'm telling you that "I hurt," I'm at excruciating.  This particular morning, I woke up and if I had to put a number on it, I'd say probably 8-9, so let's just say 8.5.

Last night, I was going over "Cornerstone" (Hillsong) and the chorus really jumped out at me.  I've played this song a million times, or so it seems, and I like it, but it's never had a huge impact on me or anything.  But for whatever reason last night, it became so meaningful and precious to me.  The words of the chorus are:

"Christ alone, Cornerstone
Weak made strong in the Savior's love
Through the storm He is Lord, Lord of all"

Wow...  He is still with me, always.  Even when I'm mad about the situation I'm in.

"I'm still here."

I know that in the past week, I've been learning that I really can't do it on my own.  It's a lesson I keep coming back to, but right now I just have to trust that He will give me enough strength to get through what I need to today.  And He's going to be right there the whole way.

No comments:

Post a Comment