Thursday, February 26, 2015

In Over My Head (Crash Over Me)

Do you know that God is still in control?  No matter the circumstances.  No matter what gets thrown at us.  Those who know God already know how it all turns out - so why do we spend so much time worrying when we already know how it ends?

"Since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." (Romans 5:1)

Though it is cliché and so much easier said than done, we must fully surrender every situation to God.

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge." (Psalm 18:2)

In Over My Head (Crash Over Me) by Bethel speaks to just trusting God in all situations.  One of my favorite lines is:

"Would you come and tear down the boxes that I have tried to put You in..."

So often I put God in boxes and put limits on what I think He can or can't do or control.  Which is really silly because God is...well, God.  He's limitless.  He can do anything.

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us..." (Ephesians 3:20).

"Whether I sink, whether I swim - it makes no difference when I'm beautifully in over my head."

I can't mess up God's plan for me.  I'm not that powerful.  I just have to trust that God is in control and it doesn't matter if I "sink or swim" when I'm so deeply immersed in God's love and His promises.

I can't imagine how anyone can go through life, with all its difficulties and challenges, and not have God to turn to.  Knowing that I once lived that way, I look back and wonder how I managed to pull through at all.  It isn't a place that I want to go back to...ever.

"Then You crash over me and I've lost control but I'm free
I'm going under, I'm in over my head
And You crash over me, I'm where You want me to be
I'm going under, I'm in over my head"

Check out my cover: https://vimeo.com/120209591

Original: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv3-TDdD1pM

No comments:

Post a Comment